Estes Valley Public Library District (Library) meeting rooms exist to support Library programs and services. In accord with its mission, the Library also makes meeting rooms available for public use for the presentation and exchange of information and ideas. Permission to use meeting rooms does not constitute an endorsement by the Library of the group’s policies or beliefs.
The following priorities are used to schedule spaces:
- To support Library needs
- For Library Friends & Foundation use
- For public use, including nonprofit and for-profit groups
- Meeting room use is free of charge and all meetings are open to the public.
- The person requesting use of a meeting room:
– Must provide accurate naming of the meeting for the public calendar.
– Will be held responsible for the orderly conduct of the group and for any loss or damage to Library property or equipment, including expense of cleaning or repairing any damages that result from the use of the space.
- Groups using a meeting room:
– Are responsible for their own meeting room setup and take down.
– May bring in refreshments and will be responsible for any clean up following the meeting
– Agree to hold the Library harmless from any loss, damage, liability, costs, or expense that may result from their use of the room.
- Not permissible:
– Attempting to raise funds for any purpose.
– Charging for attendance.
– Promoting or selling products or soliciting business.
– Hosting private parties or receptions.
– Alcoholic beverages, candles or open flames, and storage of personal property, equipment, or supplies.
- Individuals using meeting rooms must comport with patron behavior standards. In addition:
– Library staff may enter any meeting room at any time to assure compliance.
– Children of those attending meetings should remain with their caregivers during meeting room use.
– Use of the premises may be terminated at any time if the conduct of the group, or any member of the group, is disruptive to Library service, abusive or dangerous to the building, Library materials, exhibits, furnishings or other individuals.
- If the reserved group does not show up 15 minutes past the reserved time, staff may allow others to use the room.
- The library reserves the right to:
– Cancel or refuse the use of meeting rooms at any time.
– Cancel confirmed reservations to accommodate Library needs. If the Library must close due to emergency situations or inclement weather, all meetings scheduled during the closure will be cancelled.
– Take photographs of events held in its meeting rooms for its own records and for promotional purposes.
Please refer to the Group and Patron Policy sets for more information.
The Estes Valley Library Meeting Room Policy was adopted and approved by the Estes Valley Public Library District Board of Trustees on February 1, 2006 and revised July 20, 2009, May 20, 2013, and December 10, 2018.
Don Bryson, President Bill Gerritz, Secretary